CCEA Executive Board & Its Make Up
The Clark County Education Association is a non-profit organization formed to provide a cohesive network of support to all educators in Clark County. Nearly 12,000 educators in Clark County belong to the CCEA. They know that CCEA represents their best interests.
The 14-member CCEA Executive Board — comprised of four elected officers and ten board members elected by zones, with two members per zone — is charged with the task of overseeing all CCEA operations and exercising other policy-making responsibilities. They are also your points of contact when interested in discussing Association positions or philosophies and/or sharing comments on issues that affect you.
Every school location is in one of five Executive Board Zones. There are approximately 2,100 members in each of the five zones and there are two Executive Board members elected to represent each of their respective zones. The Executive Board manages all affairs of the Association.
Executive Officers consist of the President, Vice President, Secretary and Treasurer and are elected by members at-large. They represent the Executive Board and are also members of the Association Representative Council. The Executive Officers perform duties as assigned by the Executive Board and/or President. The President is elected for two years and is released from teaching to perform all of the necessary functions of the Association. The Officers and the members of the Executive Board attend all Executive Board meetings, Association Representative Council meetings, make necessary communications with the Association Representative Council each month, approve expenditures, oversee implementation of policies for Association Representative Council consideration, and perform other duties as assigned by the Association Representative Council.
The Executive Board meets every month August through June. Following is the calendar for the 2014-2015 school year.
- Tuesday, July 15, 2014 (Conference Call) @ 9:00 a.m.
- Tuesday, August 12, 2014 @ 9:00 a.m.
- Tuesday, September 2, 2014 @ 4:30 p.m.
- Tuesday, September 16, 2014 @ 4:30 p.m.
- Saturday, October 11, 2014 @ 9:00 a.m.
- Thursday, November 6, 2014 @ 4:30 p.m.
- Tuesday, November 18, 2014 @ 4:30 p.m.
- Saturday, December 13, 2014 @ 9:00 a.m.
- Tuesday, January 6, 2015 @ 4:30 p.m.
- Tuesday, January 20, 2015 @ 4:30 p.m.
- Saturday, February 21, 2015 @ 9:00 a.m.
- Tuesday, March 3, 2015 @ 4:30 p.m.
- Tuesday, March 17, 2015 @ 4:30 p.m.
- Tuesday, April 7, 2015 @ 4:30 p.m.
- Tuesday, April 21, 2015 @ 4:30 p.m.
- Saturday, May 16, 2015 @ 9:00 a.m.
- Tuesday, June 16, 2015 @ 9:00 a.m.
Representing CCEA members are elected leaders Officers and Executive Board Members.
- President: Vikki Courtney
- Vice President: Theo Small
- Secretary: Cindy K. Johnson
- Treasurer: Cassandra W. Bell
Find Your Executive Board Representative
Executive Board Members: